Monday, May 27, 2019

Weekly: President Ballard and a game of Sweet and Sour

早安!

I hope all of your weeks have been amazing! This week has been a very fun and special week! 

-We had the opportunity for President Ballard to come speak to our entire mission! It was absolutely amazing to be able to shake hands with and listen to the council of an Apostle of the Lord. He talked to us a lot about becoming the greatest teachers of the gospel and one way to do that is to smile! Allow the joy that comes from knowing the gospel radiate from us! 🌞 When we got to as him questions about the work there was one answer I absolutely loved! Someone asked how we could better work with the members of our wards, after giving some answers President Ballard simply told us "Fix it. Whatever the problem is just fix it". I thought a lot about that "just fix it", at first I thought that was easier said than done but thinking more about it things started to click. As missionaries we've been called by God to serve in specific areas in specific wards and with that we are promised to know what we can do to help that ward. To "fix it" all we simply need to do is pray and ask Heavenly Father for guidance. 

- Because President Ballard came our entire mission came together to listen to him. I was able to see everyone from my MTC district who is serving in Taiwan. As well as my trainer Sister Garner and Sister Distajo! I absolutely love them all! I've been blessed to know them!

- Sister Player and I have started playing the game of Sweet & Sour (for those who don't know we wave and say hello to everyone and if they wave/smile/nod back it counts as a sweet if they don't it counts as a sour). IT HAS BEEN SO MUCH FUN! We wave and smile at everyone! This is just the first step, this week our goal is to stop the "sweet" people! 

- A blessing/miracle this week was we got a new dryer, our hot water and gas got fixed! We no longer have to hang up all of our clothes to dry. And even better no more cold showers! Yay!!!

I'm so grateful for all of these amazing experiences I have had since being on my mission! I love being a missionary and sharing this gospel!

I love you all!
Love, Sister Porter 
包姐妹

No comments:

Post a Comment