Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Happy Thanksgiving!!

感恩節!

I hope everyone had an amazing Thanksgiving! I am grateful for the opportunity to be serving as the Lord's missionary, and that I can serve in Taiwan! It's almost been a month since I've been in Taiwan and time is flying by! I have learned so much and yet I have 100000X more things to learn. And I'm so excited to learn it all!

So its actually been a week and half since I last emailed because we have the amazing opportunity to go to the temple today! We haven't gone yet, but I'm so excited!

So this week and half have been crazy and just flown by. But some of the highlights from this week!

-we had the awesome opportunity to take one of our RCs to the temple this week to go do baptisms for the dead for the first time. It was such an amazing experience to go with him, he told us afterwards he felt a spirit of peace. And we got to tell him that was the Holy Ghost and he wants to go back again soo yay!!! We actually got to confirmations while waiting for him to change. It was just a really amazing experience to be in the temple. I love the temple so much and I can't wait to go again today!

- I attended my first big zone conference! We had almost everyone from the mission there (there a couple of zones that are too far away to travel up for it). It was just amazing! They really focused on gratitude and rejoicing! So this past week I've tried really hard to rejoice and be gratitude for everything the good, bad, big and small. Let me tell you it has made such a difference (not a surprise), my attitude has been better and it's been more fun! I've realized that when we have this kind of attitude we are more open to understanding why God has go through the things we do. Very grateful for that experience and knowledge. It was also super fun because we got to see almost everyone from our MTC district. It was like a little family reunion! Also our Sister Peterson is just a saint and made us all an American Thanksgiving dinner! It was so good!!

  - in our English class this week we talked about Thanksgiving, and we made the little hand turkeys that you write what your grateful for on them. It was cute and fun! Haha I also made my class practice asking/passing food around the table, everyone was laughing so hard by the end of it!

- yesterday we handed out flyers for our English class with our Bishops family and other ward members. It was so funny because two of the little boys (about 5&7) stay with me the whole time and they would pass out the papers to people and I would try to talk to them but they would very nicely but bluntly tell the person "Ta tingbudong" (which means she doesn't understand what you're saying) and point to their mom and tell them to go talk to her🤣 I just about died from laughing, because they were trying to help me and it was so sweet.

I just have loved my time in Taiwan so far and I can't believe its already almost been a month. Being a missionary is the best thing ever! I love this gospel and I love sharing it with people!

Happy Holidays! Light the world!

Love, 包姐妹

No comments:

Post a Comment