Monday, March 4, 2019

6 Months

Hello Family and Friends!
 
This last week has been pretty good week, also a little rough. I had a little bit of cold earlier in the week, which really wasn't that bad. However, my companion has been sick for the past 3 days which means we haven't gone outside.
 
Just some highlights from this week
 
- We met with the 郭家庭 (Guo family) this week, and we read from the Book of Mormon with them. We read 1 Nephi 17 and 18 when Nephi is building the boat. They liked how when he relied on God he was able to do something that seemed impossible at first. They've also started saying family prayers together every night! I'm so excited to see them keep progressing!
 
- we also have a new friend this week! Her name is Claire, she actually met the Elders who than referred her to us. She is golden! She set a baptismal date for April 6th, and is accepting everything we teach! She came with us to the new member fireside on Sunday, where someone spoke about the word of wisdom at one point. She asked me if we don't drink coffee and tea (we hadn't taught that yet). I told her yes and she looked me and said "ok, I can give all those things up". Like what!?!? I'm so excited for her!
 
- We also played sand Volleyball as a district this week, it was so much fun! It wasn't overly competitive but we had a pretty good time! 
 
- Sister Distajo and I decided to mix some stuff up this week so we moved beds out to the living room for a night because why not.
 
- all day Sunday we were inside because Sister Distajo is sick. She slept all day, which left me to myself. I had a lot personal study and language study which was good! I got a lot of stuff done, but I was also a little bored after 5 hours or so. I can just say how much I appreciate missionary work and being able to go out talk to people! And am looking forward to her feeling better!
 
I absolutely love this gospel, and having this opportunity to share it with people! I only have a year left on my mission and I'm so excited to be serving the people here in Taiwan! 

我愛你們!

Love, Sister Porter 
包姐妹

No comments:

Post a Comment