Monday, March 25, 2019

Weekly: Cold Showers and a little Faith

Hello Everyone!

So back story for the title, back home I'm known for taking really long hot showers. Haha well on Monday and Tuesday it was super hot! So when we got home those nights I had take an ice cold shower to cool down, never in my life did I think I would be grateful for cold showers but now I know differently! However since then it has been raining and gotten a little colder again. 

I have learned a lot this week, and has been very humbling. I've been here in Bitan for almost 5 months now. While I've loved every moment of it there have been hard moments because none of our friends are really progressing and it's been discouraging at times. However, I've been reminded more than once this week that right now I may not be seeing any results/differences but I also don't  know what differences there will be down the road from my time here. I think this is something we can apply to any part of our life! We may not understand why we do something or not do something right now, but because we've been promised that one day we will be blessed we do/don't those things. It's all because of our faith, there are two scriptures I absolutely love that I just thought of that goes along with this. The first one is Ether 12:6 that says it's not until after the trial of our faith that we receive a witness, the second one is 2 Nephi 27:23 that states God is a God of miracles and according to our faith her performs miracles. I know that this is true. In the moment it can be hard and we don't completely understand why but I know that if we have faith and trust Him then He will perform miracles that we will never knew could happen. 
I'm very grateful today has been raining like crazy, because I don't think I would have learned this valuable lesson other wise. 

On Wednesday we had the amazing opportunity to have mission conference! Elder David F. Evans he is in the Asia Area Presidency. It was so enlightening, we talked about what it meant to be a disciple of Christ. And how it is giving and sacrificing everything for the Savior. It was one of the moments when I relearned the valuable lesson of faith, there will be times in our lives that the Lord will ask us to make a sacrifice to help build his kingdom. I dearly hope that when he asks me that my faith is strong enough to make the sacrifice. 

This life has great times and hard times, I'm coming to love both of those times. I'm so grateful for the amazing people that I have in my life that teach, and encourage me every step of the way. I'm a disciple of Jesus Christ, called to serve the people in Taiwan. And I LOVE IT! I would never trade this experience for anything!  

I love you all!
Sister Porter 
包姐妹

No comments:

Post a Comment