Sunday, November 24, 2019

True Happiness

Hello Everyone,

I hope you all have had an amazing week. And HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

As you all know a mission has its ups and downs. There are hard moments and great moments! 
This week had a mixture of both. Adjusting of the transfer has been a little harder because we cover two areas and are crazy busy!
We had to go to Taipei this week because of MLC (mission leadership council) and when we got there both my companion and I were a little stressed with everything on our to do list. During the council we talked a lot about becoming a disciple of Christ and how we do that. As our meeting continued I felt very peace and questions answered. It was as if a rock on my shoulder had gotten a little lighter. 
Later this week we had interviews with President and we talked a lot about everything going on and what we are doing to be able to accomplish everything. At one point President asked me one simple question that I've pondered a lot since then. "Are your relying on the Lord or yourself?"
This really made me think about how I'm doing the work. I've tried really hard in every situation to think what would the Savior do and then do that. It hasn't been perfect and there are still moments where its really hard. But I always remember that the Savior will lift me up and consecrate everything I do. 

I know that as we rely on the Lord than we will be able to carry the load we've been called to carry. We will be able to find true happiness in every step of the way.

Love, Sister Porter 

Pictures from the week!








No comments:

Post a Comment