Sunday, November 3, 2019

Children and their love for the Savior

大家早安!
I hope you all have had an amazing Halloween Week! We certainly have, in our English class we talked about costumes and made some delicious icecream/oreo/gummy worm mud. And than we had a ward party where the Elders dressed up as Taiwanese flavored milk (papaya, watermelon, apple, etc.) And we dressed up as the Elders! We originally told them we were going to be the different Hogwart houses and asked if we could borrow ties so you can bet they were a little surprised when we came in with big fake nametags with their names on it. Definitely a party!

This week we have multiple opportunities to work with children and I would love to share two experiences with you.
1. Our Primary had an activity this week about being a missionary. We were asked to attend and to bring one of our extra name tags. After discussing what missionaries do all day we had the opportunity to let one of the primary kids where wear one of our nametags while they shared with us what part of the gospel made them happy.
Side story, while discussing about how missionaries share their testimonies one of the girls (10yrs. Old) told us she didn't think she had a testimony and didn't know how to share something she didn't have. I ended up being paired with this little girl, and while she told me about her feelings of when she was baptized I got this warm feeling inside. This little girl had a testimony and she didn't even know it. When she finished I told her that was her testimony and she looked me and loudly said "Really?!?!? Mom! I have a testimony!" It really just made my heart happy.
2. One of our friends brought her two kids (girl 9yrs old & boy 7yrs old) to our lesson with her on Saturday. We gave them a chapel tour and talked about all the pictures of Jesus on the wall. After walking around, having a race in the gym (where I lost sadly), we went back into a classroom to talk about it. It was the first time the kids had ever heard of Jesus, and so we were curious what they thought. We asked the daughter what she thought and she quietly responded "I like Jesus. I don't know why, I just like Him." I showed her more pictures of Him on my phone while my companion talked to her mom. She was so interested in Him, especially if it was picture with Him and children. We asked her if she wanted to learn more Jesus and she told us! We are now teaching all three of them and we are beyond excited.
The daughter helped us say the closing prayer, and it really hit me as she was praying how happy Heavenly Father must have been in that moment. Here was one of his precious daughters who hadn't spoken with him for 9 years and she was saying her first prayer. That just made me so happy! It really testified to me of how much God really loves us and wants to the best for all of us.

This experiences with God's precious children helped me really know God loves us all, no matter where we are or what we are going through. He loves us!

I hope you all have an amazing week and are able to feel God's love for you.
我愛你們. 神愛你們.
Love,包姐妹

No comments:

Post a Comment