Monday, September 10, 2018

Time is Not a Thing

Ni hao everyone!!!

I can't believe I have already been for 2 weeks, time has gone by so fast but at the same time I feel like I have been at the MTC forever. It has been absolutely fantastic but if I'm being honest all the days have merged all together.

My comp and I actually got to leave the MTC on Wednesday because she had to go to the dentist, we get to go back again this week because she needs to get a deep cleaning done. Also next week she gets the lovely experience of getting all 4 wisdom teeth out and 6 cavities filled in one sitting. So we won't be doing much in two weeks. I am so glad that I was able to get my wisdom teeth out before, because it would not be fun to get them out here in the MTC.

The only big problem I've really had this week is the temperature in the classroom. All of the Elders get really hot while in class but the sisters and I freeze, so there is a constant war of who gets to control the temperature. It's really funny because the other set of sisters sit in front of the thermostat so they always turn it up, but the Elders that sit there go and turn it back down whenever they do. One of the Elders is from Australia and is the main one we fight against about where the temp. should be at. So at one point this week Sister Andersen turned the heat up, Elder Preston (the Australian) turns to her and very loudly says "I AM SO HOT!" she simply replies saying that she is freezing which in return he says (say this in an australian accent) "ITS HOT, FEEL MY HEAD!" we all just died because it was so funny! But the thing is that he was dead serious, so when she wouldn't he turned to his companion and said the same thing. It was hilarious and probably one of those moments you need to be there for but we think its hilarious. Whenever someone is hot they yell "feel my head!" we all just bust up laughing.

On a more spiritual note, I have felt so much love from and towards my Savior this week. We have been reading in 3 Nephi for a lot of our scripture study this week. In chapter 18 Jesus Christ is teaching the people about the sacrament, how to pray, and to love one another. Everything he asks them to do he does first. I was thinking about that what he has asked me to do for the next 18 months and everything he has asked he has already done. He would never ask us to do something he wouldn't do. In another chapter (I can't remember which one) Christ is about to leave the people and return to God, but the people don't want him to leave so he stays and blesses them. We were reading this chapter as a district and I thought about what it would be like if Christ was sitting with us right then. I wouldn't have wanted him to leave, and I knew in my heart that he wouldn't leave. He loves us so much, and I know that that wants to be with all of us. If we ask him to be with us, he will.

I promise all of you that if you pray and ask him to be with you, and you look for him throughout your day you will feel his love. I know I have, and it has been one of the best feelings I have ever felt. I'm sorry if that made no sense and I jumped around a lot, its been a crazy week. I love you all so much! I loved receiving your emails throughout the week!

Love, Sister Porter

No comments:

Post a Comment