Monday, September 24, 2018

Week 4

Weishenme nihao nali (Why hello there)

I feel like I emailed ya'll just yesterday. Time is really starting to fly by, we were talking yesterday how on this Friday it will be our one month mark (shenme?!?) I can't even believe it has gone by so fast, I am literally speechless!

We get to host this Wednesday so I'm super stoked about that! It's when we get to pick up the new missionaries. Probably will cry but it's all good.

Oh hey be watching the mailbox! I sent out a letter out today, so hopefully you'll get it sometime this week. There is something pretty cool inside!

I will tell you all more about what happened this week in the big group email but I just wanted to email you separately tell you that I love you all so much! The church is true! The spirit testifies that to me at least once a day but usually more.

The one thing I did want to share with all of you that is kind of personal (so won't be included in the big email) was on Saturday. I was starting to get a little overwhelmed in class because I hadn't been there half of the times because my comp wasn't feeling good. The little doubts of you can't handle this language was starting to form, but I was really trying to make them go away. At the end of class our teacher shared with us Ether 6, and how right now in the MTC is us preparing our barges for our missions. We need to be gathering everything we can because once we leave it will be harder to get those tools. He continued on how that God pushes us towards the promise land, but there are times that because of the path he has put us on it will take us down to the depths of the ocean. But if we prepare the way God instructs us to do so we will be OK. After he finished sharing those scriptures he shared a talk from Elder Bednar (Oct. 2016) "If ye had known me". It talks about how a lot of the time our belief in Christ is very general, we believe in him and the miracles he has done. However, we need to have a personal belief in him. We need to believe that for us personally he died. That we personally can feel the affects of his miracles. More specifically to us as missionaries, that we need to believe that the gift of tongues can be given to us personally. He asked us if we believed that if we personally could receive the gift of tongues. I started to tear up, because I honestly didn't know. I thought I would be able to hold it together until we got out of class, however, our District Leader asked me to say the closing prayer. I couldn't even get pass saying Dear Heavenly Father, I lost it. My district is super patient though and I love them for it. Since then I am doing everything in my power to gain that belief in him.

I love this gospel with all my heart, I love that it makes me stretch and grow everyday!

Love you All!

Let me know when you get my letter!

Love, Sister Porter

No comments:

Post a Comment