Monday, June 24, 2019

Chopsticks, Marshmallows and a Flamethrower

好久不見!

The past couple of days have been so amazing! Our mission has a goal that everyday every companionship talks to at least 20 new people inviting them to learn more about our Savior. We've been focusing a lot on that lately, trying hard to talk to everyone! We've had some really cool experiences from doing so!

~ Thursday we called a bunch of Less Active members asking if we could come visit them. A miracle happened! I called someone on our list and when I told her we were the missionaries she got so excited! She told me that as soon as finished moving to another city we could come visit. On top of that she told me that me calling her that afternoon was God's plan because that morning she had been packing her Bible and Book of Mormon and she had the desire to call the missionaries but didn't have our phone number. She gladly set up with us in July and we are really looking forward to meeting her!
That same day Sister Player and I when visiting some less actives turned our bikes around SOO many times so we could go back to talk to someone who had waved at us. We had so much fun talking to people and got to meet some really cool people!

~ Friday was also an amazing contacting day! We went on splits with two amazing returned missionaries, I went with Carly and Sister Player went with Natalie. Carly and I went and knocked while my companion went to a sports park across the street to talk to people on the running track. IT WAS SO MUCH FUN! Every door answered, not all of them were willing to listen but it left us with such a good feeling from baring testimony that through Jesus Christ we could find happiness! Because of our amazing member missionaries we reached our goal of 20 invites/gospel conversations!

~ Saturday was absolutely hilarious! We had English class where we played 20 questions and almost lost because one of students had picked UFO. I saw an Elder from MTC district in the train station coincidentally. Then in preparation for our Family History/American Culture ward activity our district made s'mores! Haha we attempted to start a fire with coals and a flame thrower which did not work, luckily for us we also had an electric grill. Because we are in Asia we had to use chopsticks to roast the marshmallows which actually worked really well! We are pro s'mores makers! Our activity went really well too! We taught them what a stick pull was, an animal guessing game and one you try to make each other laugh. To sum it up we made memories!

~ Sunday Elisa from my first area and who I taught since my first transfer was baptized! I got to go back to Bitan for her baptism which was so exciting, because I got to see her smiling and just so happy, as well as seeing members I absolutely adore and miss!

I've learned so much this week and am so blessed to be a missionary here in Taiwan! I know that the spirit will guide us and lots of the times we won't recognize his promptings until later. I didn't realize at the time when I called specific Less Active that she had been wanting to get ahold of the missionaries but He knew and led me to call her. I also know that missionary work is not for the missionaries alone, working with members makes things more efficient and gives members an opportunity to share their testimonies in a way that might never have done before. Missionary work is meant to be fun and happy! We share a happy message and one that will change others lives, so we need to make sure we are sharing it happily! Lastly that everyone has their own timing, and we just need to trust that all will work out in the end.

I love this gospel and am grateful for everything I've been learning! I love all of you!

Love, Sister Porter
包心穎姐妹

No comments:

Post a Comment