Monday, June 10, 2019

Dragon Boat Festival

What a crazy busy week! This week our focus was on contacting Less Active members, we tried to visit/call 15 from 3 different cities. It's been a learning experience meeting and trying to understand their stories because every one of them are different. We received different answers of being hung up on, no answer, welcomed us in but didn't want us to come back, to people welcoming us back. I'm really excited to better meet them and help them feel God's love for them.

Some highlights from this week

~Pday! We played games with our Elders and we used Andes mints for "tokens". It was hilarious! (There will be a picture coming soon) It's been a little bit of a change going from 10 missionaries in my district in Bitan to only the 4 of us on Yilan. I'm grateful I've gotten to serve around these amazing missionaries!

~ In the past two weeks we have received two referrals from a family and they are amazing! They both have genuine interest in learning what kind of relationship they can have with God. They both ask amazing questions! It's also been really funny getting to know these members too! I've been really blessed having amazing members in both of my areas so far!

~ Friday was Dragon Boat Festival!!! Sadly we didn't get see any of the races but we got eat a traditional food they only eat around this time, it's called a 粽子. Its sticky rice with meat, mushrooms, sometimes eggs all wrapped up in bamboo leaves. They have to sit for a really long time, but are super yummy!!!

~ Saturday was an adventure for us! We played basketball in the morning with our friend Jason and the Elders. We taught English Class that afternoon which was fun! Afterwards we learned it was Florence's birthday (a family we use to teach) they asked if us and the Elders wanted to eat cake with them. What we thought would be a half an hour turned into them driving us to a bakery and than a lake. It was unexpected but really helped our relationship with them grow!

Something I've been studying and focusing on a lot these past couple of weeks is Charity and Love. If I'm being honest when I first came on my mission I didn't know how I was going to develop love for people I never met before. But now I have a lot of love for the people of Taiwan and it keeps growing everyday! It's not always easy because we get rejected a lot, or we realize people only talk to us because we are American. But we talk to them anyways! I love being a missionary and I love having the opportunity to meet so many amazing people!

我愛你們!
Love, Sister Porter
包心穎姐妹

No comments:

Post a Comment