Sunday, December 15, 2019

Moving Next Door for Christmas

T- 9 days until Christmas!!!!!🎄
Even though Christmas is next week we are already in the full holiday swing here in Hualien!

This week we have taught Christmas themed English classes, shared Christmas messages with our members, Lighted the World, passed out more Christmas cards, and of course caught the cold for a week!

I absolutely love Christmas and I absolutely love Taiwan! What a wonderful mix. 
Highlight from the week: 
We had our annual ward Christmas party which is legendary in Hualien for how extra our ward goes. Every year they perform the nativity and they go all out for it! Well it was the night before the party and our Bishop calls one of the Elders and asks if the missionaries where ready for our 5-10 minute performance before they perform the nativity. Jokes on us because this was the first time we had heard about it. So the next day 3 hours before the party we put together a very fast reenactment of 'Twas the Night Before Christmas'. Oh my goodness! It was hilarious! It was absolutely perfect and everyone was laughing the entire time.

It was really special when our ward performed the nativity because we invited our English class to come watch and it was a lot of their first time hearing/seeing the story of Christ's birth. I had couple kids come up to me afterwards and tell me how much they loved story of Jesus and were excited for next year's performance! It made my heart so happy!

I'm moving this next week but just next door! I'll be reopening the other Sisters area in Hualien with my new trainee! What an adventure this will be but I'm so excited to learn the other part of Hualien. 

I hope you all enjoy the week before Christmas! And continue to Light the World! 

Love, Sister Porter 








No comments:

Post a Comment