Sunday, October 6, 2019

Bury the Weapons

大家好-

This week has been a pretty good one! It was the end of another transfer, and our zone has added some new friends.

For our last District Council our district leader had us do a scavenger hunt in order to earn our mango smoothies from the local drink shop, lol! We had an amazing discussion about Alma 23&24, and burying our weapons. We talked about how we all have weapons that hold us back from becoming who God wants/needs us to be. We all wrote down what things where keeping us back from becoming, and than we took the paper and ripped up representing us burying our weapons. I absolutely loved this because the past week I had been studying about becoming truly converted and consecrated to the Lord. This activity really helped me be honest with myself of what was holding me back and what I needed to do to move past it.

We are meeting with a mom named Joy who really is amazing, we taught her the Plan of Salvation and told her that she could be with her family forever. It was really cool at the end of the lesson she told us she didn't know if this was true, but she really hoped that it was. Its amazing to watch her faith grow a little bit everytime we meet with her.

In one of the wards we cover their is an amazing recent convert who has two kids under the age of 5. She comes to church every week and brings them with her, they usually the run around everywhere. Sunday was Fast and Testimony meeting, this amazing sister stood up to bear her testimony, while her 3 year old crawled on the pulpit and her 5 year bahled next to her. Her testimony was short and sweet. What made this special was her husband who isn't a member was sitting in the congregation. I know I felt the spirit and I hope he was able to feel it too.

I'm so grateful to be a member of this amazing church! I know you've all listened to General Conference already, but I'm so excited to listen to it this weekend! I know President Nelson is called of God and receives revelation for us. I know the Book of Mormon is true, and through the Book of Mormon we can strengthen our testimonies.

我愛你們❤
包姐妹

No comments:

Post a Comment