Monday, December 10, 2018

Choir Concerts, Korean Cookies, and Santa hats!

聖誕節快樂!

I don't have tons of time, so may emails may be getting shorter. First of all I hope you are all having an amazing Christmas season! It such an amazing time of year, and its always been my favorite time! It's become even better because I get to share the amazing gospel of Jesus Christ with the story/celebrating of his birth!

I'm loving Taiwan! I love the people and the food is delicious (I haven't eaten anything super weird yet, but I did eat my first clam the other day).

Some highlights from this week

- So we teach a free English class on Wednesday with our district. Well one of our Elders is from Korea so for his Korean class they made Korean Cookies. Let me tell ya they were pretty yummy!

-We bought Santa hats! Just a tad bit excited about that

-We had the amazing opportunity to go sing at a Christmas Concert this week. It was so much fun and the spirit was so strong!

-It was our wards primary program yesterday and the kids were adorable. To make it even better we had 3 of our friends come with us to Sacrament meeting! They all said the little kids had a sweet spirit around them, and they just felt happy!

-A miracle of the week, we've been meeting with an Older Gentleman named 高弟兄 (Gao). He has been looking into religion for the past 20 years or so, and he has liked our church a lot so far. We meet with him and were teaching him the Plan of Salvation and it was going really good. My comp invited him to accept a baptism date, and we thought he would tell us no or maybe later. He actually said Yes! He said he still needs to figure some stuff out and might have to push the date back but he set one!

It's just so exciting! I love being a missionary and I love Taiwan! I'm learning so much every day!

I love you all and hope you have an amazing week!

Love, Sister Porter
包姐妹

No comments:

Post a Comment