Monday, December 31, 2018

Weekly Email: Happy (Western) New Year! 新年快樂!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I hope you all had an amazing Christmas! And a great New Year! I can't even believe 2018 is already over, it's now the time I scratch out the date on everything because I write the wrong year...

Looking back on this year so much has happened, but the one thing I think changed the most is my relationship with my Savior. Now I know that's the typical Missionary response, but it's so true! Looking back to before I was preparing for my mission to now I can see the change. I've learned what it means to trust the Lord completely. I love this gospel so much, and I've seen the blessings that come from living it. Being able to see the change it makes in people's lives (even if it's just a little bit at a time) is amazing.

Some of the highlights from this week:

- I got to call my family! It was so much fun to talk to them and see their faces. Even if I cried for the majority of the time, it was so much fun!

- we celebrated Christmas in our English classes, we did the present game where you try to unwrap with some sort of utensil (we used chopsticks, no surprise). And at the center was a picture of Christ, we talked about how Christ is the true gift of Christmas. 

- We ate dinner with one of our less active memebers. She is super sweet and so much fun to be around. She was super shy at first but has opened a lot since then and not only to us but to memebers too!

- Yesterday we met with this cool lady named Amy, she met with the missionaries about 5 years ago but felt like her faith wasn't strong enough to be baptized. The spirit in her home was so strong, that both Amy and I cried at some point while talking with her. It's going to be interesting to see what happens when we keep meeting with her. I hope we can help her see that her faith is strong, and it's ok to not have a perfect understanding. 

I love you all so much! I hope you have an amazing new year! 

我愛你們!
Love, Sister Porter  
包姐妹

No comments:

Post a Comment